- When you post, try to contribute to the current topic, or bring up a new one, instead of just "what's up" or "how are you all" or "is anyone on?" Those kinds of questions are fine in moderation, but when multiple users just keep asking the same questions, it gets a little old and boring and, yes, spammy.
- Don't post too many "reaction gifs" or otherwise excessive images. Maybe once if it's appropriate and you believe it's a good opportunity, but doing it multiple times can get very disruptive. If you do choose to do this, please make sure you include some words with the picture as well.
- Don't continuously back & forth post. Meaning, you and one other person are just posting back and forth. A few times is alright, but not after like 6 posts total... At that point it should be taken to PMs or something, as it can reeeaally clutter the thread.
- WHEN LESS THAN THREE WORDS IS OKAY:
- As long as the post contributes to conversation, it's alright. But if you're doing it often, or just making very short, generic posts like "ok" or "brb" or "ya" or "lol" or "xD", that is not okay. Please put more effort into your posts than that. Short phrases, like "Thank you!" or "Congratulations!" are typically fine, as long as it's not happening too often. It is just appreciated if you try to throw a bit more contributing content in there.
Hope this helps!
--Blossom Powerpuff (talk) 02:55, July 24, 2014 (UTC)